Minibarmaster is an innovative, electronic system designed to record, manage, report and post mini-bar sales to guest accounts.
Developed in Australia by Electronics By Design, Minibarmaster uses wireless handhelds to allow staff to record mini-bar sales as they check rooms, and wirelessly post them whilst on the floors. Minibarmaster offer numerous productivity benefits and cost savings, in comparison to the traditional pen and paper systems used in many hotels, such as:
- Improves front office efficiency: Minibarmaster allows mini-bar charges to be electronically recorded and posted directly to guest accounts and write off accounts in Opera.
- Improves mini-bar attendants efficiency: Recording sales on a handheld device is much quicker than using a manual pen and paper system. There are no mini-bar dockets to juggle and no clipboards to carry, allowing faster room to room throughput. It’s also significantly quicker than posting through a TV or telephone, because mini-bar attendants don’t have to repeatedly stop to use a phone or TV to post. The end of day process is also completed accurately in seconds without the need for the mini-bar attendant to do any time consuming adding up.
- Reduces denials and walkouts: Minibarmaster will allow mini-bar charges to be visible to front office cashiers, literally seconds after the room is checked. This maximises the opportunity to charge guests before they depart and reduce denials and walkouts.
- Streamlines replenishment: using Minibarmaster’s replenishment report, the replenishment trolley can be loaded with the precise items required for each floor, taking out the guesswork and lightening the load on the trolley, thus making it less of an OH&S hazard. In addition, mini-bar staff are provided with an instant list of the items to be replaced in each room, which allows multiple floors to be handled simultaneously.
- Provides improved stock control: the detailed sales reports can be used by the purchasing department to audit stock, and automatically generate purchase orders.
- Mini-bar staff productivity can be analysed: by generating reports to show how long staff take to move from room to room, how many rooms they are checking over any given period, and breaks taken and when they were taken. This allows management to see who are the fastest and slowest staff.
- Improves management’s visibility and control: Minibarmaster’s comprehensive reporting on sales trends, inventory and profitability are placed at your fingertips. Customised reporting can be designed and added to the core functionality of the system at any stage.
- Products that are past their use-by date can be identified, on a room by room basis. A report is generated to show rooms with stock that is close to its expiry date, and hence staff can check and remove the stock before a guest complains.
- Provides product range flexibility: Minibarmaster can accommodate hundreds of mini-bar arrangements meaning you can vary mini-bar selections in different rooms and different floors to cater for the interests and tastes of your guests. Minibarmaster will provide prompt feedback on sales trends to let you know how successful the product introduction has been.
- DND reporting: allows mini-bar associates to generate a report showing the DND rooms and the time an attempt was made to check them. This allows staff to easily recheck them later, ensuring none are missed and no revenue is lost.
- Improved customer service: using the sales inquiry screen, guest mini-bar usage can be accessed at any time, making it a breeze to answer inquiries from customers, post check out.
With all these benefits, it is clear why Minibarmaster will deliver increased profitability to your hotel.
Jason Burrows Food And Beverage Manager at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne reported the following net operational and P&L improvements from Minibarmaster compared to the manual pen and paper system used previously:
- Food and Beverage and Front Office labour savings of 21 hours per week, for checking, replenishing rooms and posting in to Opera, resulting in a weekly saving of $370.23
- Denials and walkouts reduced from 21% to 12% resulting in a weekly saving of $305.25
Total weekly savings: $675.48
Total annual savings: $35,124.96
Approximate ROI: 6.1 months
For more information on the features and benefits of Minibarmaster contact us.